Bipolar Ad

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ego-Collapsing

Today I am feeling a bit more restless than usual. I've been trained to be able to sit for hours on end and be fine. In foster care I would often sit for hours outdoors in the summer and listen to the birds and watch the traffic go by. Today I am finding things are not holding my attention. Only one thing has so far, the concept that perhaps a manic episode is a spiritual revelation where we realize our true egos, our true selves.

"The elated phase kicks-in when some event has the bipolar person become vulnerable...it puts them in their heart...which is an ego-collapsing situation. With ego out of the way, they get in touch with their true self...their soul. Spirit then reigns, having them feel incredibly powerful...AS IT MUST. Doesn't it make sense you will be elated when your spirit reigns as your self rather than your mind-based ego?"

quote taken from http://www.thespiritualkey.com/Bi_Polar.html

I encourage you all to follow this link to read more about this concept more in depth.

While I was manic I was very interested in religion and felt I had reached a sort of enlightenment. I had been practicing gratitude prior to my first manic episode, positive energy attracting more positive energy. I had been working out and working on myself as a person. I often wish I could experience the mania again because I was truly happy. However, I am hesitant to weine off my medications. Who knows what I'd be like.

This ego concept is definitely a one to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment