Bipolar Ad

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Bipolar and the Paranormal

Hello everyone! I hope your week is going well so far. I thought today I'd write about the link I've noticed between individuals with bipolar and mental illness and the paranormal. Personally, I have seen many strange things in my day and I have come to believe that individuals with mental illness are somehow able to receive messages from the beyond more clearly than your average person.

I have never told any of my doctors what things I have seen. If I did they would probably try to lock me up in the psych ward. And I'm not the only person who feels this way. After talking to acquaintances and researching online I found out many other individuals feel the same way.

One individual wrote: "It's difficult to talk to doctors or therapists about it because you're afraid they're going to think, 'yeah, she's losing her mind again.' That or they tell you that it's a false perception due to either your bipolar or borderline personality disorder... "

Another said, "We're called nutjobs for recounting these experiences, and don't you dare mention them to your psychiatrist unless you want a stay in a psych ward complete with an ECT session or two."

These days, science is bridging the gap, but it is not yet there. Investigations into creativity and intuition point to variations in the way the brain processes information. In either endeavor, the mind arrives at conclusions that cannot be explained as the product of rational and linear thinking.

One way of looking at it is that in the creative and/or intuitive mind, the brain may be inefficient at filtering out so-called irrelevant inputs. Strongly allied to this notion is the idea that creative/intuitive brains may be frighteningly efficient at connecting these so-called irrelevant inputs into something transcendentally relevant. Source

While I was manic my mind was working super efficiently and I was making connections between ideas that others couldn't. My production numbers at work soared and I raised investment sales over 150% in one month at the bank. I was at the top of my game. Then the mania overtook me and I was hospitalized.

Even before my diagnosis of bipolar in 2010 I myself had seen unexplainable things. While in high school I awoke one night to see a black creature with its back to the ceiling in the corner of my room with two yellow eyes staring at me. I immediately flipped on my headboard light and it was gone. I didn't dare tell my parents till years later.

In between my numerous hospital stays in the summer of 2010 I also saw weird things. While staying with a friend in South Haven I would walk out of one room and return to find picture frames had flipped themselves around. I also had a very strong premonition that summer. My friend was going out of town to a baseball tournament. I spoke with her on the phone and something didn't seem right. When I hung up with her all of a sudden I go this terrible feeling of dread and couldn't stop crying. No one could console me, I knew something bad was going to happen to my friend. I tried calling her back and couldn't reach her. That night my friend totaled her car in a crash on the freeway. No one was injured luckily. She told me she had seen an angel in her passenger seat before the crash. Weird.

More recently I've experienced a negative presence in my parent's house where I grew up. I was trying to get online on my parents computer and the CPU kept freezing up. I was home alone and I finally looked to my right and shouted, "Quit fucking with me!" Immediately the computer unfroze and began working properly. Within 5 minutes the computer began to slow down again and lock up. This time I shouted, "In the name of Jesus Christ leave me alone!" Again, immediately the computer unfroze and began working again. It remained working until I finished my work.

My family has never seemed to be able to catch a break, financially or otherwise, and I began wondering if there was a presence in the home that was causing these bad events to happen.

I've decided to share my experiences with my therapist, who is Catholic. He has told me he believes I may be experiencing a demonic oppression. Oppression is more a general influence over outcomes in your life rather than a physical possession. He suggested I get holy water and sprinkle it in the house as well as tell the spirit in the name of Jesus to leave. I did this and things have seemed to settle down.

I have also talked to several individuals with mental illness, including bipolar and varying degrees of schizophrenia. The majority of people say they have in fact experienced paranormal activity. Some much more than others. When I talk to individuals with schizophrenia they all tell me they hear bad voices telling them to do bad things, they just try to ignore them. This even while they are on medication. Could they simply be dealing with a mild possession? A girl from my church began hearing bad voices and her mother had her exorcised rather than putting her on heavy medications. The voices left after the exorcism and she has been fine and led a productive life ever since.

Have any of you seen The Possession of Emily Rose? I know this is a work of fiction "based on true events," but in the movie it is suggested that by putting individuals on heavy medications can lock a person into possession, unable to get any relief. I've often wondered if this was the case with schizophrenics. If you haven't watched it it is an excellent film!

I've never heard voices myself, but I have seen apparitions. While I was manic in the summer of 2010 I thought that I was a divine servant of God and, how do I explain this, I didn't hear voices but thought God was sending me messages through things I would see and hear on the television or radio. I was lost that summer while driving to my friends ball game so I decided to literally follow the way the wind was blowing. I thought God would help direct me there. I know it sounds nuts, but my wacky method actually got me to the ball field.

Others online have agreed that those with mental illness are more open to paranormal experiences, "Don't know if it is because of a lack of/or overload of certain chemicals within the brains of those individuals, if their perception of reality can be a little altered, or if maybe they are just more 'open and sensitive' to receiving paranormal phenomenon. But I fully agree that individuals with these distinct mental illnesses have a higher rate for claiming supernatural activity."

You're free to form your own opinion, in fact leave a comment and I'd like to hear yours! Me, I believe.

         

1 comment:

  1. I’m here to testify about what Dr James  did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and itching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and  I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Famciclovir, and some other products and it really helped during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! from my HSV with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from  Dr James herbal mix and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system and I was tested negative after 15 days of using  Dr James  herbal medicine. I'm here to let y'all know that herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr James herbal medicine.  I came across a testimony of Kasha, on the internet testifying about Dr James , on how he cured Her from 7 years HSV 2. And He also gave the email address of this man... [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com]..., advising anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help with, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I'm going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him. I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr James prepared and sent me his herbal medicine made of  roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after 15 days I drank his herbal medicine, I was totally cured. no more itching , pain on me anymore as Dr James assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test. the result came out negative. So friends my advice is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like Bipolar disorder, Shingles,  HPV, HBV, HIV/AIDS, ALS, HBP, CANCER,NEPHROTIC SYNDROME HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,Backache,dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN .  , etc. you can contact Dr James directly on his.... [drjamesherbalmix@gamil.com]...  He is a good man,and He will help you.  

    ReplyDelete