Bipolar Ad

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Parental Relations

Hello everyone. Today I'm going to vent a bit about the frustrations I'm having with my parents.  I'm a 28 year old only child. Both of my parents are in the early 60s. My father works, my mother does not. Nor does she drive. I survive, barely, on disability. In the past I've often eaten meals with them at their house, did my laundry there, and helped out with chores such as mowing and cleaning for a few extra bucks. I'd also haul my mother all around town. My foodstamps just got cut by $80 dollars so I was relying heavily on them for meals. Well, things haven't been going well between myself and my mother.

After talking with several different counselors over the years they have all concluded that my mother has a mental illness of her very own, most likely borderline personality disorder. However, she doesn't think she has a problem so we can't get her into a doctor. My father and I and constantly placating her so she doesn't throw tantrums. Just recently she decided to start doing the neighbors yard work for them since they don't get outside to do it themselves. They are a healthy 30s something couple with 2 pugs and a baby. They could do their own work. My mother has a bad heart and doesn't need to be doing the extra work. but she does it anyways. I think she has a death wish.

She has recently begun to accuse me of not taking my medications. That is where I draw the line. When you start yelling at me saying I'm not taking my medication I will not stand for it. When she did it this time I just up and left. I was supposed to mow the yard for her. I left her to her own demise. She had to do the mowing all herself and finish the mess she made in the neighbors yard.

My father just blindly apologizes to her to keep her calm. I refuse to do so anymore. I'm not apologizing for her behaviors. My therapist told me I need to literally move out of town to get away from her and her antics. It's affecting my mental health. Well, since I can't afford to do that I'm going to just stop going over there. That, however, will cost me more $. I wont be getting the extra cash for doing chores and I will have to cook all my own meals and buy detergent to do my own coin laundry. I'm stuck. I guess I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and try to live more thirfty. I already have no internet or cable. There's not much I can cut from my budget. I'm really depressed.

Has anyone else had overbearing parents they've had to deal with?

No comments:

Post a Comment