Bipolar Ad

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Have You Had One of These Days?

Hi there everyone! Have you had one of those days where you seem to get bad news from the moment you awake? Things just seem to go wrong at every turn? The things that go wrong are minuscule by themselves, but added as a whole they feel overwhelming? I have had these days in the past, and most recently this past week. Days like this have caused me to quit several respectable jobs in the banking industry. The position that I last quit due to stressful circumstances was caused by a terrible day. I now know that I was experiencing panic attacks. They were so intense I thought I was having a heart attack and I resigned. What, however, was the real cause of these panic attacks?

When I look back on the day I resigned I had a feeling of being attacked that day. Not physically attacked, but spiritually. Things just did not go my way. I had issues with clients all day long, and unusual problems arose. I felt helpless. I had a day like this just last week. From the moment I awoke (to a phone call with bad news) I had a series of unfortunate events occur in which I felt attacked again. Nothing seemed to go right. When I reflect back on the day, things were of course never as bad as I interpreted them. In the big scheme of things waiting an extra hour at the doctor's office for an appointment isn't a big deal. However, I was pacing and my thoughts were racing as I held back tears. For some reason, when the events were happening I felt almost out of control and on the brink of tears. Something was influencing my moods.

When I discussed this with my therapist he explained that it could in fact be some sort of spiritual attack. Who knows. There is of course no way to prove why I felt the way I did those days and why things kept going wrong. I think his is a plausible explanation. I know my hormones and chemical levels in my brain play a vital role in how I experience the world, but I also can sense when something else is at play. I feel that those of use with bipolar and other mental illnesses are more open and susceptible to spiritual attacks because our minds work differently than others. I think our brains are wired differently. What do you think? Leave comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment